INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTERS’ IDEABANK, Inc. (IBIB)
SESAC Radio and New Media Scholarship Grant Information
- One scholarship of $10,000 will be awarded to a sophomore or junior at a college or university that offers undergraduate training in radio broadcasting and/or song writing related programs, such as advertising, digital media, communications, journalism, or music composition studies. Some radio experience is considered as a positive, but is not required. This scholarship is funded by SESAC, a music licensing company, (www.sesac.com) which contracts with radio stations for the rights to broadcast music by song writers represented by SESAC. If you have questions, contact the radio station that offers this award; do not contact SESAC.
- In order to qualify for the grant, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Is now attending and is in good standing at a college or university in the United States. Freshmen students are not eligible. You must be at least a sophomore as of February 2017.
- Is in a course of study relating to a career in radio and digital broadcasting and/or song writing or music publishing.
- Exhibits grades in previous academic work, which, in the judgment of the IBIB, are adequate to give reasonable assurance of success in earning a degree in a program, outlined above.
- Supplies all the information requested on the Official Scholarship Application.
- Intends to pursue a career which includes radio and new media broadcasting.
- Applicants must return forms to: Scholarship Committee, IBIB, PO Box 11148, Danville, VA 24543, postmarked (Suggest: March 20) in time to arrive before the deadline (see Rule 4, below). (Street address for UPS/FedEx only: 129 Acorn Lane, Danville, VA 24541) For items returned by Express Mail, be sure to check the box that indicates NO signature is needed by the recipient. This mail is going to a Post Office Box and requiring a signature only delays your entry.
- ABSOLUTE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT: All application forms, essays, and transcripts must be received by March 25, 2017. If all of these are not received by the deadline, the application will not be considered. Please inform your college of this deadline for your transcripts.